SAP Cloud ALM: Building Block for Sustainable Application Management
In the world of SAP, there is a growing trend towards hybrid system landscapes, with more and more users preferring a mix of On-Premise and Cloud. No customer can afford to ignore SAP Cloud ALM – SAP's cloud-based solution for managing your entire application lifecycle.
There is no question that every large SAP system landscape must be appropriately managed by an accompanying Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution. This involves, among other things, process, test and change management as well as proactive monitoring of SAP applications and business processes.
Up to now, customers were able to use SAP Solution Manager, SAP's long-established ALM product, as a fully comprehensive ALM platform. However, SAP Solution Manager dates back to a time when the cloud did not yet exist in the corporate world. SAP Cloud ALM has now become an additional solution that is suitable for SAP customers of all sizes. It was designed for hybrid landscapes with a focus on cloud-based operating models.
What Does SAP Cloud ALM Offer?
SAP Cloud ALM is a cloud solution based on SAP's Business Technology Platform (BTP). It provides comprehensive implementation and operational capabilities for cloud systems. SAP Cloud ALM is operated by SAP and is used not only by SAP customers but by SAP itself. Therefore, users do not have to concern themselves with the technical requirements or infrastructure. Unlike SAP Solution Manager, the functions in SAP Cloud ALM are highly standardized.
How Can Customers Benefit from SAP Cloud ALM?
Specifically, SAP Cloud ALM offers companies numerous benefits:
- Optimized application development: SAP Cloud ALM enables customers to quickly and efficiently develop applications that support the management of requirements, projects, tests and releases.
- Improved collaboration: Teams can collaborate on projects and track progress in real time.
- High-quality applications: SAP Cloud ALM has a wide range of quality assurance features such as automated tests and the ability to check applications for errors before they go live.
- Cost savings: By automating processes and improving the efficiency of application development, companies can reduce their costs.
- Flexibility: Since SAP Cloud ALM is available in the cloud, users can access and manage applications anywhere at any time.
- Open for enhancements: Standard APIs can be used to seamlessly integrate SAP solutions and third-party tools into SAP Cloud ALM. Through its Business API Hub, SAP provides out-of-the-box APIs that are ready for immediate use.